REYS Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in the recent opportunity to serve the youth at REYS Youth Center!
Please read the position description(s) of interest and complete the following application:
Rainbow’s End Youth Services
Director of Student Ministries
Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) exists to reach local youth in Christian love; impacting them for life. Located in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, the center and its staff seek to encourage, develop, and equip our youth to experience Godly wholeness by: Praying, Sharing Christ, Teaching God’s Word, and offering supervised recreation. This is all accomplished through the partnerships of local churches, businesses and individuals.
REYS offers programs for students in first through twelfth grades. At this time, weekly afterschool/summer programs include open gym time, games, arts and crafts, bible lessons, and meals. The program schedule is as follows:
- Kids Club (1-5th Graders) on Mondays and Fridays from 3-6pm.
- Teen Guys Group (6-12th Graders) on Tuesdays from 3-6pm.
- Teen Girls Group (6-12th Graders) on Wednesdays from 3-6pm.
- Teen Discipleship (Small Group) Thursdays from 3-6pm.
Other REYS Programs:
- Occasional Day Trips and Special Events
- Martial Arts – A volunteer led program that teaches students the fundamentals of Taekwondo
- Music Instruction – Contracted musicians offer 30 minute piano lessons to REYS students
Under the care and leadership of the Executive Director, the Director of Student Ministries will work intentionally to create an engaging environment for students to flourish through a relationship with Christ. They will provide strategic leadership and direction to all the programmatic aspects of the ministry. They will work to achieve the mission and vision of Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS) through the building and strengthening of relationships with students and volunteers, and the implementation of innovative Christ-centered programs for students in 1st through 12th grades.
- Define a clear vision and strategy for the incorporation of evangelism and discipleship in all student ministries
- Provide oversight and direction for all aspects of student programs including: check in/check out processes, biblical curriculum, recreation activities, parent and student communication, staffing/volunteer management
- Responsible for the ongoing assessment, development, and innovation of student programs
- Ensure the needs of youth in the Mount Joy area are being evaluated and adequately met with the resources of the ministry
Leadership & Supervision
- Fosters a motivational, collaborative, and innovative work and ministry environment
- Provide active supervision, training, and ongoing accountability to two part time program assistants
- Develop ongoing patterns for volunteer recruitment, training, and retention
- Administers policies and procedures as set by the Board
Outreach & Communication
- Create family friendly activities to engage current and potential families throughout the year
- Plans and implements our annual backpack distribution program in the summer
- Represent REYS at local church/organization functions to share ministry stories and present involvement opportunities
- Advertise and showcase REYS programs through the use of communication tools (social media, presentations, newspaper ads, mailings, flyers, etc.)
- Ensure that the property and building are being utilized to their potential
- Manage the maintenance of REYS physical buildings and property
- Personal commitment and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of REYS
- Ability to effectively articulate and communicate the vision of life transformation in youth
- Ability to minister to unchurched youth and share the gospel of Jesus Christ in engaging, age-appropriate ways
- Commitment to the reading and teaching of God’s Word
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or higher
- Leadership and management experience working with youth (or related experience)
- Experience and/or understanding of program development and implementation
- Experience and competencies working in a diverse environment (racial, cultural, religious, income, etc.)
- Self-motivated and adaptable; well organized to select priorities and handle multiple tasks
- Positive, enthusiastic, and energizing leadership style capable of motivating others
- Relational skills and abilities in working with students, parents, and community partners (churches, schools, businesses, etc.)
- Patience and empathy in working with all ages of youth and difficult life circumstances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required
- Good command of technology
The Director of Student Ministries is a salaried position that requires in-person engagement of 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday ending at 6:30pm. During the year, flexibility is required as there are occasional events and responsibilities that may fall outside the scope of the typical workday.
Varies based on qualification and experience.
***Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to start by December 6 or 13, 2021.***