The mission of REYS Youth Center is to reach local youth in Christian love, to encourage, develop, and equip them to experience Godly wholeness and success by praying, sharing Christ, teaching God’s Word, and offering supervised activities.
The purpose of REYS Youth Center is to initiate and develop mentoring relationships with community youth in fulfillment of the Center’s mission statement.
Methods of Engagement
Through our Spiritual Direction program we hope to be an example of Christ’s love through our programs, staff, and volunteers. By this effort, we strive to bring glory to God by making Christ known to all those who come and participate in our programs.
Academic Assistance programs are free for all students of the Donegal School District and surrounding areas. We focus on teaching our students the importance of homework comprehension, organization, and consistency.
Our Social Support program’s purpose is to help the students in their everyday lives by fostering relationships, so that they can have a strong positive role in the community.
Statement of Faith
All those who participate in the on-going work and witness of REYS Youth Center attest to the the Gospel of Jesus Christ and following articles of faith:
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, being given by divine inspiration, are the Word of God, the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In the Scriptures God reveals Himself as the living and true God, Creator of all things. Perfect in love and righteous in all His ways this one God exists eternally as a Trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- God made us in His image that we might have fellowship with Him. Being estranged from God by our disobedience, we are incapable of a right relationship to God apart from divine grace.
- The only Mediator between God and us is Jesus Christ our Lord, God’s eternal Son, who as man fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience.
- By His death in our place, Jesus revealed the divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having risen bodily from the dead and ascending into heaven, He rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our great high priest.
- The Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the gospel, renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same Spirit we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven all our sins, justified by faith through the merit of Christ our Savior, adopted into God’s family as His children and enabled so to live in the world that everyone may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven.
- God by His Word and Spirit calls everyone into the fellowship of Christ’s body. Thus He creates the one holy, universal and apostolic church, united in the bonds of love, endowed with the gifts of the Spirit and summoned by Christ to preach the gospel and to administer the sacraments, to relieve human needs and to strive for social justice.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge everyone and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the righteous shall live and reign with Him forever.
About our Leaders
Joel Hughes is the Executive Director of Rainbow’s End Youth services. Having degrees in both Accounting and Theology, Joel enjoys speaking to both business leaders and churches. Prior to joining REYS, Joel served as Executive Pastor at a local church in Berks County for four years and also previously spent seven years in the banking industry.
Joel and his wife, Laura, live in the Mount Joy area and enjoy spending time with one another and with their five children- Jackson, Emily, and the Triplets – Tyler, Lincoln, and Allison.
Joel also enjoys basketball, ping pong and the occasional game of competitive scrabble.
Joel would be glad to share with your church or community group about REYS Youth Center and how you can be involved in reaching the children and young people of Mount Joy and the surrounding Lancaster County area.
You can reach Joel by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeremy Freimark is the Program Director at Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS Youth Center). Jeremy joined the REYS team in January of 2016. After receiving a degree in Engineering Technology, Jeremy served with international mission projects in the suburbs of San Jose, Costa Rica, where his passion for youth ministry was instilled and Spanish speaking skills were refined. He continued the path of youth ministry as he served in multiple Christian camps in the Lancaster County area and is now pursuing a Master’s in Christian Ministry. Jeremy and his wife, Christi, live in Elizabethtown and have organized and currently lead a Spanish ministry to reach Latin families in the local community with Christ. Jeremy enjoys spending time alone in nature with his dog, rock-climbing, fishing, mountain biking, and carpentry. You may reach Jeremy via email at email@example.com.
Female Program Assistant
Kirstyn Ober is the Program Assistant at Rainbows End Youth Services (REYS Youth Center). Kirstyn has been serving at her church for many years. She has also traveled to Guatemala twice with her church, where her heart for ministry and serving others really grew. Kirstyn and her husband, Justin, live in the Manheim area, where Justin also works in ministry as the Youth Pastor at their church. Kirstyn enjoys any activity where she can express her creativity, whether it be through art, writing, or reading. She also loves traveling, and hopes to do more international missions in the future! You may reach Kirstyn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Male Program Assistant
Jennifer Gibson, or Jenn as most know her, is the Office Assistant at Rainbow’s End Youth Services (REYS Youth Center). Jenn joined the REYS team in August of 2019. Jenn has always heart for youth, and so she decided to go to Lancaster Bible College where she received her bachelor’s degree in Children and Family Ministries in 2017. After obtaining her degree Jenn worked for a couple years as an Assistant Children’s Director, running the evening children’s programming. Jenn and her husband live in the Mount Joy area with their daughters. Jenn enjoys cooking for her family, playing games (card, board and computer), photography, and solving puzzles. You may reach Jenn via email at email@example.com
Our Board Members
Josh Keefer – President, Dwight Gehman – Vice President, Paul Newcomer – Treasurer, Aaron Brown – Secretary
Charlie Engle, Sharon Funk, Missy Hartman, Duane Heisey, Rachel Stebbins
List to be added later