Our Core Values
At REYS, we humbly recognize our need for Jesus and submit to his Lordship over our lives and ministry. We are communally and individually committed to abiding in Jesus. We introduce Jesus and his way of life to our students. We seek his guidance for all decisions. He is enthroned, worshipped and glorified at REYS.
At REYS, we honor the dignity and worth of every human being as image bearers of God. We are intentional about creating safe spaces for each person to be authentic and experience abundant life through Jesus. We facilitate flourishing by providing opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
At REYS, we seek to build, nurture, and prioritize authentic relationships. We follow the model of Jesus in our pursuit of relational disciple making. We understand that we are more effective when we work together and offer ourselves fully to one another.
At REYS, we delight in God’s gifts for us and share moments of laughter, fun, and joy.
At REYS, we are mindful of the time, talents, and treasure God has entrusted to us. We use these gifts wisely for His glory and the advancement of his work in our community.
At REYS, we lead with courage. We exhibit courage in our obedience to Jesus, in our sharing of the gospel, and in the ways we invite others to participate in our mission. We are not paralyzed by fear or insecurity, but rather empowered by the Spirit to do good work and be encouraged by Jesus’ promise that he will be with us until the very end of the age.
our mission is to reach local youth in Christian love, to encourage, develop, and equip them to experience Godly wholeness and success by praying, sharing Christ, teaching God’s Word, and offering supervised activities.
METHODS OF ENGAGEMENT
Through our Spiritual Direction program we hope to be an example of Christ’s love through our programs, staff, and volunteers. By this effort, we strive to bring glory to God by making Christ known to all those who come and participate in our programs.
Academic Assistance programs are free for all students of the Donegal School District and surrounding areas. We focus on teaching our students the importance of homework comprehension, organization, and consistency.
Our Social Support program’s purpose is to help the students in their everyday lives by fostering relationships, so that they can have a strong positive role in the community.
Statement of Faith
The only Mediator between God and us is Jesus Christ our Lord, God’s eternal Son, who as man fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience.
- God made us in His image that we might have fellowship with Him. Being estranged from God by our disobedience, we are incapable of a right relationship to God apart from divine grace
- By His death in our place, Jesus revealed the divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having risen bodily from the dead and ascending into heaven, He rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our great high priest.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge everyone and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the righteous shall live and reign with Him forever
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, being given by divine inspiration, are the Word of God, the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In the Scriptures God reveals Himself as the living and true God, Creator of all things. Perfect in love and righteous in all His ways this one God exists eternally as a Trinity of persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the gospel, renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same Spirit we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven all our sins, justified by faith through the merit of Christ our Savior, adopted into God’s family as His children and enabled so to live in the world that everyone may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven.
- God by His Word and Spirit calls everyone into the fellowship of Christ’s body. Thus He creates the one holy, universal and apostolic church, united in the bonds of love, endowed with the gifts of the Spirit and summoned by Christ to preach the gospel and to administer the sacraments, to relieve human needs and to strive for social justice.
director of student ministries
Student Ministry Coordinator
Community Engagement Coordinator
Our Board Members
Jill Meador – Chair
Jeff Gingrich – Vice Chair
Paul Newcomer – Treasurer
Keith Cullen – Member
Sharon Funk – Member
Laurel Kratz – Member
List to be added later